Welcome to CASA DENTALIS for Kids.
CASA DENTALIS KIDS – dentistry in the sense of responsible treatment suitable for children. Children are not just little adults, but want to be addressed and treated completely differently.
Ihr CASA DENTALIS Team
For the area of children’s dentistry, a separate dental practice has been set up at CASA DENTALIS Lichterfelde, where we are happy to welcome you and your offspring at any time – CASA DENTALIS KIDS!
But fissure sealants alone are not enough to protect the tooth from decay. It is much more important to brush the teeth properly. CASA DENTALIS KIDS, your dentist Berlin in Lichterfelde, offers a so-called tooth brushing lesson twice a year with specially trained staff who are experienced in dealing with children. Here, important tips on how to brush teeth correctly are given and thoroughly removes all plaque from the teeth.In addition, the young patients are accustomed to any treatment situations that may arise at an early stage. The statutory health insurers cover the costs of this toothbrushing lesson.
At CASA DENTALIS KIDS, we, your experienced pediatric dentists of Berlin, do our best to provide your child with an anxiety-free and pleasant treatment to enable
But you can also play a major role in shaping the experience. Based on experience and expert knowledge, we have compiled the following tips for you on how to accompany your child to the dentist:
- Role model: demonstrate a positive attitude towards the dentist
- Information: Explain the process to your child in a child-friendly way
- Familiarity: Bring your favorite stuffed animal or blanket with you to CASA DENTALIS KIDS
- Patience: Our dentists in Berlin give children time, do the same to them
- Feedback: Praise your child for his or her good behavior at the dentist’s office
- Activity/ Autonomy: Let your child answer all the questions themselves
- Negative phrases: Avoid phrases like “It doesn’t hurt at all.”, “Just open your mouth one more time and it will all be over.”
- The right cleaning
- The right toothpaste: with fluoride content
- Brush 2 times a day:
- in the morning: brush about 20 – 30 minutes after breakfast
- in the evening: before going to bed, do not eat afterwards
- Prevention: 2 times a year for a check-up at CASA DENTALIS KIDS; already with milk teeth to the dentist
- in the morning: give your child a healthy snack for break, preferably free of sugar
- In the evening: do not consume foods that contain sugar or acid.
- Find sugar: Sugar is hidden behind a wide variety of names: e.g. dextrose, farin, fructose, glucose (syrup), glycogen, caramel, corn syrup, molasses, sucrose, dextrose, etc.
- Medication: some medications (e.g., cough syrup) contain sugar, so they should not be taken after brushing your teeth in the evening.
- colorful toothbrush and -paste
- joint teeth brushing
- Games: who can clean more thoroughly? (Control by dye tablets)
- Tooth brushing rhymes or songs
Not only with the help of regular cleaning of the teeth at home and CASA DENTALIS KIDS children’s prophylaxis, but also with the proper nutrition caries can be prevented. Your pediatric dentist Berlin at CASA DENTALIS KIDS will be happy to advise you on this.
Fillings serve to restore a tooth after previous caries and thus to preserve the tooth. Small defects are treated with fillings at CASA DENTALIS KIDS. Our dentists at CASA DENTALIS KIDS use only composite, plastic-reinforced materials for this purpose. CASA DENTALIS KIDS does not use amalgam fillings at all.
What are milk teeth? Like many other mammals the human being forms a milk dentition, which is replaced by the permanent dentition in late childhood/early adolescence. The milk teeth erupt at the age of 6 months to 2.5 years and fall out again at the age of 6 – 14 years.
The first visit to the dentist
- 6 hours before the procedure at CASA DENTALIS KIDS no food intake
- No fluid intake 3 hours before the procedure
- From the day before the treatment no consumption of dairy products
- After leaving the dental office, the child should not be left unattended
- Running, climbing and other strenuous activities should be avoided
- From the road traffic should please keep the child away
- The child should not eat unattended
- Children often bite the numbed area because the numbing sensation is strange and confusing to them
- Ideally, transport the tooth or tooth fragment in a tooth rescue box (DENTOSAFE® or SOS tooth box).
- Alternatively, the tooth or tooth fragment can also be stored in commercial milk
- never wrap the tooth in a handkerchief or similar!
- To the dentist as soon as possible
To protect the teeth during sports activities such as ice hockey, boxing, etc., the dentists of CASA DENATLIS KIDS recommend wearing a sports mouthguard. The production takes place in our dental practice in Berlin Lichterfelde by means of an impression of the upper and lower jaw and subsequent processing in our own dental laboratory. Please do not hesitate to contact us.